1.07.2009

New year... still same ole me...



Isn't it funny how at the beginning of the New Year everyone has plans to change themselves so they can be better, or so they wont be the same as last year?
I enjoy being myself. I don't change for anyone and when I do change it is for me. =] When I look around at all the people I used to know in 2008, I am sad to say that I don't talk to, or would rather not talk to. that is one change I had to make. you can never hang out with people who bring you down. Some of them I had gone through some hard times in my life and helped with hard times in their lives. I sometimes think that I end up being the better friend, only because I know in my heart that my intentions are in the right place. sounds like I am tooting my own horn huh? I'm not trying to, but I do realize that after being a friend to someone who doesn't ever let you know that they appreciate what you do, and always take and take and take, that that is not a healthy type of person to be around. I have always been a giver. I will give until the day that I die. I have a lot of love in my heart and have a hard time telling people NO. I want to please everyone. I always have.

this is a random thought, but I was watching a movie recently, and a man bought a bouquet of flowers for this girl, someone he had been friends with for along time, and I was trying to think in my head, was it a special holiday? why did he buy her flowers? turns out he was just so happy that she had come home from a trip and wanted to give her something nice. how sweet is that? I don't think men should buy their girls flowers all the time but every once in a while it is nice. to show how much someone means to you that you thought of them when you saw a flower. Flowers are delicate and sweet. I intend to surround my home with flowers because they have been known to change the mood of the room. I want my home to be light and full of love. what a special way to make it like that. if everyone just had flowers what a wonderful day I believe we would have. =]

No comments: