8.18.2008

boys... guys... men... ehh...

my mother has taught me how to read into things and read out of them as well... she and i are very close and we talk about everything usually. she is supportive in what i choose to do and who i choose to associate with. although she has that motherly "when are you gonna get married and give me grandbabies" tone every once in a while i know she is eager to see me start school again and then find someone. which i am content with. i am also content with being single and wish people would stop trying to change that.its so frustrating being introduced to someone [usually older people in my moms ward or people i have known since i was a little kid] who have a son or sons, somewhere around my age or a little older and instantly its readable on their face... "OH your about 21?? hmmm i wish my son would marry you and give us grandkids, or more grandkids". i have had multiple people ask me why i havent gotten married yet and had any kids, becasue i am beautiful. my answer, "when i find out why, ill let you know..." its sad becasue they always seem to think that they know someone who i would be just perfect with or how cute i would look with someone that they have known or a grandchild of theirs who is "just about your age sweetie"... TRUST ME, its not that i dont want to get married or have children. infact that is my biggest goal in life, but i have been hurt before by false promises and am not so eager to go down that path again. i havent gotten back to seeking out someone yet as an eternal companion because, well its not time again yet. i have no problem hanging out with guys and going on an occasional date here and there but i am a simple girl who likes simple things. i want to have someone who is not into complicating things or messing with my head. too much to ask? i dont think so. i need someone who is like me. yes iknow people sometimes say that opposites attract. well sorry but not for me they dont. i used to be LOUD and crazy and out going and social and all of those things. not anymore. i am more laid back and content with me. i need someone who does not have to be the center of attention, someone who doesnt have to be loud and crazy all the time, someone who most surly shows compassion on others and takes into consideration all those around him. dotn get me wrong, i do not want a WALL FLOWER with the personality of a ROCK. i just know what i want. i do have a list and i check things off each time i meet someone. i add different attributes to the list everyso often , like once in a great great great while, but not all the time. i just need to find someone with 99.9% of the things on the list. somethings i am willing to overlook becasue sometimes life happens but i do know there are things i will not settle for or stoop down to comply with.

No comments: